Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, December 23, 2011

horoscopes don't lie

It is 6:20 am and where am I? Where I always am at the end of the week, work...been here since 3:45 am, I don't have a problem with that either--I thoroughly enjoy my job 2/3 of the time--but as I sit here waiting for more things to kick off in my life, I can't help but be anxious.

For those of you that don't know, I've been at my current job for almost 6 months and for the most part, I've been satisfied, but recently I've found myself bitten by a bug that craves some forward movement. To add to that, the only place to really go from this job is somewhere I don't actually want to be. So I do what any smart person does...I start to look elsewhere...and that looking may be paying off soon.

I've been in a slight run around situation with a television station in Panama City Beach, FL. Mostly, it's been a situation where they've been busy with Christmas and New Years' specials, so scheduling interviews has been more than a simple task. I've been paying a bit more attention to my horoscope (I know, I know...corny) but it's a bit interesting that what's being said lines up with what's happening.

On the 9th, it said that things would start falling in place for me when it came to work, I happened to apply to the job (among several others) that day and heard back from them that day. My career will alledgedly start to really come together and boost some forward movement right after Christmas. Ding ding--I've been going back and forth trying to make these interviews happen, specifically to set up an interview with the general manager of the station. The news director is in charge of this and, by no fault of his own, we haven't been able to get in touch. People have been out of town, he's been having to pick up quite a bit of slack--so we finally talk again and now we're scheduled to discuss my interview with the GM on Monday.

The day after Christmas.

I know, it could just be a coincidence, more likely than not, it's just how things happened to play out...all I'm saying is that things have been preeeeetty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment