Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, December 30, 2011

square one


10/365: This morning, Lauren Sivan tweeted something along the lines of how questioning her career choices as she woke up 10 mins before her alarm went off at 1:15 am…hmmm…this sounds a lot like something I wrote the other day. Anyway, I hit her with a tweet and she actually ended up favoriting (that's totally not a verb, I know--but it fits) it…the gist of it was simply me agreeing and saying that we're gluttons for punishment for working in morning news.

Anyway, that has little do with this picture and yet has everything to do with this picture. Over the course of the past 36 hours, I've applied to 12 different reporting jobs across the country. We're talking Colorado, California, Montana, Indiana, South Carolina, Ohio, New York--if you're in television market 101 and higher (well, technically lower…), I'm looking in your direction for a position.

Today's picture is just a snapshot of what my life will be consisting of for the next few months. It's kinda crazy when I really think about it, the fact that I'm back at square one for the job search, but it is what it is. When you want something you go for it…plus, I'm not as broke as I was before cha-ching, today is pay day and also my last work day of the year…I'm looking forward to the day when I'm not broke period (honestly, I work in TV, so that day will never really come) but until it does, I'm doing my best with what I got.

P.S. I picked out my anthem for 2012…it's a song from this year, a ballad, that is my inspiration and my go to pick me up make me want to change the world song. I'm so happy for everything that's going to be happening in my life. It's going to be amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment