Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, January 15, 2012

get free





26/365: The two men on this stage are phenomenal...The Musician and The Poet. Last night (which was today according to my camera--woot, because I definitely haven't taken too many pictures today after getting home from my night out) was so much fun. I got to see Tim, one of my dearest guy friends as of late, and treated him to a great dinner at Ms. Tootsie's as a parting gift of sorts. He was more than pleased with getting a free meal and having car service since I was his acting chauffeur, lol.

I was supposed to have Jasmine as my +1 for the performance that I was going to which featured Jaguar Wright, but she dropped last minute. I invited Tim to take her spot, but since The Musician is the one who managed to finagle the arrangement, Tim decided that it was probably not in his best interest to show up as my date, so I arrived solo.

Once I arrived, I shuffled my way to the front and stood diagonal to where The Musician was playing...it took him about ten minutes to realize that I was in the crowd, but once he saw me he smiled and waved at me, to wich all the other girls that were sitting near where I stood turned to look at me. A little later in the night, I turned and saw The Poet standing to my side. We met over the summer when I went to an open mic event (which was incredibly dope) and he and I had since followed each other on Twitter and became friends on Facebook, though our interaction was minimal at best. I gave him a big hug, told him about my new job and we chatted a bit before he made a casual comment about The Musician and how it was...I suppose kinda obvious that there was something between us. He asked if we were dating and I said, "no, no...we're just friends," which is the truth, but he chuckled while pointing out that my cheeks were slightly flushed to which I replied that the makeup that I was wearing clearly had him mistaken.

It was a great night. The Poet performed a love poem that was just...amazing, The Musician rocked out with his bass and kept his attention on me, casually making goofy faces and responding to my expressions whenever the host would make some sort of offhand comment about sex or drinking. Afterwards, I spoke with The Poet where he admitted that he didn't realize my age (he's 32) and said that he wished me the best of luck with my career before noting it was definitely the right look for me since I had such a beautiful face and such gorgeous skin *blushblushblush* lol.

Afterwards, The Musician and I went out to a bar where all the craziness of the night truly played out...it was hilarious, definitely one of the top times out for me, probably because I was with him. He said he would come visit me in PCB. We'll see what happens with that.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh hey now, you changed your blog's look, too ;D and what a fun night it sounded like. i like intimate settings. glad you had a bit of flirtyflirty goin' on. (:

    ReplyDelete