Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

window watching



8/365: I've always enjoyed watching sunrises and with my early morning schedule, watching them is almost always a part of my week. Every morning that I'm at work, this is my view. Today it came as a reminder that things always get better.

Yesterday it was stormy and pretty disgusting out, grey skies, cold wind, the works…today, even though it was still windy, the skies ended up being the most beautiful shade of blue with fluffy white clouds, just an all around lovely day. I've been pretty upset about things with me trying to secure this position and after having the door slammed in my face--albeit for good reason, there's no such thing as being "too experienced" in journalism--I got a text today that made me remember that it's certainly not the end of the world…and who knows, it could be information that gets me to my next spot.

I'm constantly reminding myself that when it comes to this job, competition will always be fierce. There just aren't enough reporting jobs out there and for every new reporter trying to get a start in the southeast, there's a more experienced reporter who's just trying to get out of the cold weather up north--just taking our jobs, no shame I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment