Your Nav Bar Here

Saturday, January 7, 2012

cluttered





18/365: Today's picture doesn't have a story. I've spent the majority of the day split between listening to music I'd never heard of before and reading...both of those endeavors were successful as I'm now halfway through The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society after hardly scarcely touching it since picking it up and finding so many amazing songs that I love.

I've been working at doing things that I enjoy, and one of those things just happens to be doing nothing. I did my hair and sat around the house in my robe and just smiled all day as I read and listened to music--to some it might be a waste of a day but for me, it was just calming. I spoke to one of my best friends on the phone and we discussed work, love, and some other more random things--like modern day interpretations of biblical stories, trust me, it got kinda ridiculous.

Anyway, about the picture...since my parents and sister left to go back to North Carolina, I haven't moved out of the middle room. Some background: as soon as I moved into my grandparent's place, I took up residence in my mother's old room. It's the first room you can go into once you come up the stairs and has a decent amount of space, it's very grown up. The middle room is my old room. It's always been a bit cluttered. There's old dolls on the dresser, stuffed animals, and then there's the fact that once we moved out, my grandmother moved all of her stuff in, so there's boxes and the closet and drawers are full. The middle room is also really small, so the clutter just jams everything right up against well...everything.

Normally, once my parents visit, I'm relegated to the middle room which is shared with my younger sister (I swear, there is no room to walk when the both of us are in this room...it's just too much stuff everywhere) and then once they leave, I move back into the other room. For whatever reason, I didn't do that yet and they've been gone a week now. It's...weird.

Anyway, while looking around this ultra dirty, ultra unorganized room I laid my eyes on a box. I've seen it several times, but I never really paid much attention to it. In fact, I couldn't tell you what pictures are on the other side of it. I know the one facing the bed (the focus of the picture) is a picture of my mother and the one next to it is my great-grandmother I think, but for some reason I never want to touch anything in the room. I never touch the dolls, if I do, it's almost like I'm scared--terrified that I'll ruin something. The only things I touch in the room are the things that I brought into it.

The more I think about that, the more awkward it is to me. So yeah...that's today's picture. I'm just going to sit and muse about how scared I am to break anything I touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment