Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, January 2, 2012

time wasting

I never really fed too deeply into the reality TV craze until recently. From a practical perspective, I thought the shows were really stupid--and I still do--but when it comes down to bonding with people on Twitter, talking about the ridiculous things we see on TV is one of the easiest ways to "make friends" because we all hold the same opinions. For example, on Love & Hip-Hop, we all agree that Kimbella is the most ridiculous, idiotic, annoying person that you could be, Olivia has a super inflated ego for no good reason, Chrissy is kinda crazy, and Emily is…sad, really that's the only word you can use to describe that cast because that's precisely how they're typecast--but remember it's "reality."

I haven't really been keeping up with the show as of late, partially because my sleep schedule doesn't coincide with watching much TV, generally everything I watch is OnDemand and with so many options, I've decided that watching those shows isn't exactly something I want to participate in anymore.

So what's been filling my television time? With the cancellation of How to Make it in America (OMG WHY WOULD YOU CANCEL THAT SHOW?! Who cares that it's premise is…kinda unrealistic, it was giving hope to all those people in New York trying to live their dreams! You stop telling people to be practical!) I had to find new shows to look forward to. As a lover of crime shows, I found a cozy spot in my couch watching Rizzoli and Isles--why did no one tell me about this show sooner? I. Love. This. Show. Whether it's because I relate so strongly to Jane or the fact that I adore Lee Thompson Young (he's gorgeous and I've had a crush on him since The Famous Jett Jackson) the show is winning all around. The sub-plots make me happy and the writing is good enough for me, not to mention, the cast is attractive--did I say that? I didn't even mean Lee Thompson Young, I meant Angie Harmon--she's gorgeous--and Sasha Alexander.

Anyway, I don't know what other shows I'll be addicted to, but I'm quite pleased with this new addiction that happens to have a better plot, more attractive characters, and almost plays out more realistically then the reality television shows that VH1 can't seem to let go of…I mean, seriously--Baseball Wives? Come on now. Y'all can do better than that.

2 comments:

  1. I hate/love reality TV.

    I swear I watch just so I can complain about it to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only purpose is so that I can have people to laugh at and talk about. It's a terrible, horrible guilty pleasure, but I've been staying away from it thanks to other shows filling my time. I've been actively looking for new shows to watch, I'm excited for Southland to start back up because I think it might be another really good show for me.

    ReplyDelete